Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Our Illinois "Flu-Cation"

As I've stated before, we book our trips to the Chicago area without regard to weather as we mostly come to visit friends, family, and spend time at "Ketelsen East", our little cabin in the woods near Saint Charles.  Regardless of time-of-year, we generally spend time outside, work on the house, visit favorite restaurants and watering holes, including at least one trip to Iowa to visit my family. 

This time we've been hobbled with the flu...  Melinda caught it in Arizona, in fact missed her last 2 days at work before we traveled here last Wednesday.  Politely, I waited about 5 days to catch it, hitting me hardest the day we were to go to Iowa for a great-niece's birthday.  So instead of infecting other family members, I got to meet a real-live Doogie Howser in an urgent-care center here.  He literally looked like he was too young to shave, but diagnosed my ills about 2 seconds after I said aaaah.  The urgent care place was quite impressive, I don't think we were in the place 25 minutes, including dispensing meds - just about the highlight of our trip here...

Anyway, while we've missed some of our normal activities here, we're both on the downhill side of our illnesses, and should be well enough to hit the ground running upon our return to Arizona.  Springtime awaits us for our next trip!

No comments: